Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bath Tub Remodel

I decided to remove the old, dirty bath tub and install a new one, including a 3-piece shower surround.
Here's the old steel tub, surrounded by tiles. The tub was well worn on the bottom with a few chips, and the tiles were worse than they look in this picture. Caulk was peeling and I could tell water had gotten behind them in the past. You can see where I tried to apply a new caulk strip on the left, and then I just applied a glob of silicone after that.


Here's a close-up of the old tile work. Disgusting. When I pulled a few tiles out, here's what I found:
Continuing with the demolition:


In order to remove the tub, it had to be cut. I ended up having to cut it into 5 pieces.

We cleared out the rubble, did a dry fit with the new tub, and then put in the new plumbing:


Tub and surround put in place:

Dry wall in place:


I just need to finish painting and then put a few tiles around the edges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home